Tokyo Disneyland is back, and we are here for the Food!
We are excited that Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea are opening up again! All precautions are being taken and some changes are certainly apparent: Masks required, social distancing for lines and waiting, and sadly big shows are parades will not happen until we are Covid19 free. But we are open again for safe summer fun. For us at Arigato Japan, of course we are always interested in the FOOD!
One of the coolest differences in Disney parks around the world is all the special foods only available in those locations. In Tokyo Disney resorts there are SO MANY delicious and specialized foods. Of course, everything is super cute and tasty. You need to go and try them all but in honor of reopening we thought we would do a round up of 5 of our favorites from Tokyo Disney.
Number One: THE LITTLE GREEN MEN!
- First up, photo at the top of this post, probably the most instagrammed food at the disney parks! Mochi, shaped like the “Little Green Aliens” of Toy Story (you can choose from Strawberry, Chocolate, Custard)
- Where to eat them: (Disney Sea) Mamma Biscotti’s Bakery or the food cart in front of the S.S. Columbia
Number Two: The Classic MICKY FRUIT POPS
- You can try Mickey and Minnie in these tasty frozen treats. Tropical and fruit flavors. great for chilling out in the hot, humid Tokyo summer.
- Where to eat them: (Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea)
Number Three: Beef and Rice “Burger” set!
- Ready for a lunch set? try this Onigiri (rice ball) Beef sandwich, fries and a drink! So tasty, great pick me up when you start to get tired.
- Where to eat them: Where: Camp Woodchuck Kitchen (Tokyo Disneyland) Just the onigiri or a set with french fries and drink.
Number Four: Teriyaki Chicken Leg
- This one might look familiar for Dinsey World Orlando fans… where you can get a Turkey Leg, but you need to try the Japan version. (turkeys are not common here) Chicken with a sweet and savoury glaze are classic Japanese flavors.
- Where to eat them: Skipper’s Galley (Tokyo Disneyland) YUM. They don’t look super tasty BUT they really are delish.
Number Five: ALL THE POPCORN
- Disney parks around the world offer Popcorn but Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea get the award for the most varied and interesting flavors! Some are better than others but they are so fun to try and experiment.
- Where to eat them: Scattered via Popcorn Cart across both parks (Disneyland Disney Sea) get a take home refillable adorable popcorn bucket and refills will be just 500 yen giving you lots of chances to try different flavors and share with your friends.
Some of the flavors you can find:
- Corn Potage Popcorn
- Curry Popcorn
- Milk Tea Popcorn
- Black Pepper Popcorn
- Honey Popcorn
- Chocolate Popcorn
- White Chocolate Popcorn
- Caramel Popcorn
- Soy Sauce Popcorn
- Salt Popcorn
- White Chocolate Popcorn
- Strawberry Popcorn
So there is a short wrap up of some of our favorites but there are tons of cute, and delicious treats, meals and snacks to keep you going as you have fun at both of Japan’s amazing Disney Theme Parks! When you can come back to Japan be sure to bring your appetite as well as your love for the Mouse when you plan your Disney Day.