Today we’re more than happy to introduce you to Asami, from our Tokyo team.
1. Can you tell us a little about yourself?
Hi everyone, I’m Asami I’m a foodie guide in Tokyo. I Love food and drink.
2. Where are you from in Japan? Do you have some experience abroad?
I grew up in a city called Susono, in Shizuoka prefecture, where you can see Mt Fuji pretty much everyday. After high school, I lived in the United States for nearly 10 years (Las Vegas , Palm Springs, Los Angeles). I have worked in multiple high end restaurants in Las Vegas.
3. How long have you been working with Arigato Japan? And what do you like about your job?
I have been working in Arigato Japan since 2017. The thing I love about being a tour guide is meeting people from all over the world, and sharing Japanese culture with people who visit Japan. I also have a special interest in Sake, and I love to explain how to pair sake and food together.
4. What is your favorite Japanese food and why?
It’s very hard to pick up one… I will say my mom’s cooking! Or Yakiniku (grilled meat) because it’s delicious! You need to try it when you come to Japan.
5. Do you have something to recommend to people traveling to Tokyo in Autumn?
If you visit Japan in Autumn, try matsutake mushroom and Sanma fish !!! Japan is about seasonality and you can eat it only during this season, don’t miss it!