- Spend your evening with a with a local who wants to show you a relaxed evening of food tasting meticulously planned to maximize your short time in this amazing place.
- Our first stop is a lively izakaya always abreast with the ever present yet oddly enjoyable hubbub of Japanese customers where you will have 1 drink amongst local Japanese patrons and your choice of either yakitori samples, maki sushi, japanese beef stew, fried oysters or grilled fish.
- After our time at the izakaya you will accompany our guide on a stroll around the local bar area not frequented by foreigners.
- After the stroll, you will be led to a place popular with the locals for a feast of all you can eat shabu shabu pork, beef (or combination of both) and vegetables (optional add on of all you can drink for an additional 1,100+ paid in cash when you are on tour)
- Finish off the tour with a delicious Japanese dessert of your choice (wagashi) before our guide wishes you a wonderful night before bidding you farewell.
Enjoy a walking tour Pontocho, one of Kyoto’s most charming and historical areas. Travel back in time to enjoy the sights, sounds and tastes in this rustic area of Kyoto. With the streets lined with geiko houses and machiyas (teahouses), this street is one of Kyoto’s geisha districts where you might have a chance of catching a glimpse of them scampering between appointments in their zori sandals and gorgeous kimonos.
After this, you will head to a local Shabu Shabu restaurant where you will enjoy a scrumptious array of vegetables, appetizers and beef. Your guide will explain to you everything you need to know about Kyoto food and culture while you eat until you cannot eat anymore!
The second stop of the tour is a standing bar izakaya where you will enjoy a drink and appetizer as you immerse yourself with the locals of Kyoto.
Finish of the tour with a dessert from a family owned stored that’s been making these sweet delights for the last 30 years.
Learn everything about Kyoto food. Have fun beyond the temples and other Kyoto cultural things and ask your guide about the history and cultural surrounding the food of Kyoto!
*You do not need a PayPal account to purchase this course. You only need a credit card.
**MINIMUM of 2 Guests per booking. If you are a single customer, please call our number below to confirm.
***SAME-DAY BOOKING POSSIBLE. Please call this number: 090-6484-9577
Food Tour Starting Point:
Please check the Locations page to know where to meet us!
*if you arrive more than 10 minutes after the meeting time, we may unfortunately have to start the tour without you.
|Everyday (Monday - Sunday)|
|Meeting Time||4:50 PM - 4:59 PM|
|Start Time||5:00 PM|
|End Time||8:00 PM|
If you have any questions pleas email firstname.lastname@example.org